McAfee Livesafe is a security program that prevents all of your devices, data files, and identity from virus attacks. At times, you would want to uninstall the software as it slows down other processes, takes up a lot of space, or for other reasons. However, uninstalling this software can be slightly tricky for users sometimes. This is why we have brought you this quick guide to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe program.
The following guide answers all your “how to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe?” questions. So let’s go through it without further ado:
Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe by Using an MCPR Tool
McAfee has an inbuilt tool that is Mcafee Consumer Product Removal Tool. It helps users to uninstall the McAfee programs in no time.
Before applying the steps to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe, go through the enlisted points, and learn the important facts.
- If you do not have the MCPR tool on the Windows system, download the new version every time before using it.
- MCPR Tool will not clean up all the McAfee products, it enables users to delete only the selected items that need to be reinstalled later.
- Once the process is completed, restart your system to prevent ‘McAfee LiveSafe won’t install’ error.
After going through the aforementioned instructions, follow the enlisted steps and learn how to uninstall McAfee LifeSafe:
- To download the MCPR tool, visit a web browser.
- Head to the McAfee official page and search for the ‘MCPR’ Tool.
- Locate the ‘Download’ option and click on it.
- Once the MCPR Tool is downloaded, double-click on the file name, ‘MCPR.exe’ from the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Click on the ‘Install’, ‘Run’, and ‘Open’ buttons consecutively.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button when you see a security warning.
- Press on the ‘Continue’ button and complete the installation.
- Open the section of ‘Remove McAfee LifeSafe Software’.
- Choose the option of ‘Next’ and tap on ‘Agree’.
- You will soon receive a notification regarding ‘The completion of McAfee User License’, check the agreement.
- Select the ‘Next’ option and wait until the McAfee LiveSafe is uninstalled completely.
- After this, you may face ‘Cleanup Unsuccessful notification’, to get rid of this or to prevent, click on the ‘Start’.
- Click on the ‘Power’ option and ‘Restart’ your computer.
With the help of the MCPR tool, you could uninstall McAfee LiveSafe program on your own.
Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe on Windows 10 by Using the Control Panel
This is manual and the easiest procedure to Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe program in the Windows 10. Before applying the instructions, make sure you are prepared with the following things:
- Log in to your system with admin permission. Otherwise, you cannot install or uninstall any programs.
- Create a backup of your data before deleting the McAfee program, as the removing process will erase all the data files along with the program.
Keeping the aforementioned things in mind, perform the uninstalling steps, and get rid of the McAfee items.
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu search for ‘Control Panel’.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and choose the option of ‘Programs’.
- Here you will find the option of ‘Uninstall a Program’, click on it.
- Find the ‘McAfee LiveSafe’ program installed on your Windows system and right-click on it.
- If you have a ‘Settings’ application on your system instead of ‘Control Panel’, open it.
- Find ‘McAfee LiveSafe’ and expand its options.
- Choose the option of ‘Uninstall’ and you will be shown two following options:
- Hit on the ‘Remove’ option and ‘Next’ consecutively to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe program.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ when a confirmation message pops on your screen, ‘Do you want to remove McAfee LiveSafe for Windows?’.
- Hit the ‘Finish’ option and complete the uninstallation of the McAfee LiveSafe program.
Once the process is completed, hit the button of ‘Restart’ and reinstall the McAfee item if needed.
Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe by using Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell is a powerful tool that can help you automate tasks using a command-line shell and a scripting language. You can use PowerShell to uninstall and pre-installed apps.
- Press on ‘Windows’ + ‘S’ keys on the Windows and open the ‘Search Bar’.
- Type ‘PowerShell’ and choose the correct application from the list to open.
- If you do not have the ‘PowerShell’ application on Windows:
- Head to the Microsoft Ignite’s official page.
- Search for the ‘Download’ option for ‘PowerShell’ application.
- Download it and open the zip file.
- Run, install, and open the application.
- On the ‘PowerShell’ application, copy and paste ‘Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName’ in the dialogue box.
- Click on the ‘Enter’ and ‘Run’ respectively.
- You will be taken to a new window, here in the first tab, enter the ‘Full Name of Name’.
- Move to the ‘Second tab’ and enter the ‘Full Package Name’.
- Let the app get the ‘McAfee LiveSafe’ program from the list of all the installed applications.
- When the PowerShell app finds the McAfee item you are willing to uninstall, copy the details by clicking the ‘Control’ and ‘C’ keys together.
- Replace the text in the ‘Command’ box with the ‘Remove-AppxPackage -package PackageFullName’ and click on ‘Enter’.
- Wait until the McAfee item is uninstalled and restart your computer via the ‘Power’ button.
Once all the eleven steps are applied, your McAfee LiveSafe will be uninstalled with the help of the PowerShell application.
Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe in Safe Mode
If you are unable to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe on Windows 10, restart your system in Safe Mode and perform the uninstall steps again.
- Open the ‘Search’ box by clicking on the ‘Windows’ icon and ‘S’ key on your keyboard.
- Enter ‘MSConfig’ in the ‘Search bar’ and click on the ‘Enter’.
- Tick the option that reads, ‘Safe boot’, and hit on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Now, your system will start running in ‘Safe Mode’.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ application on your Windows 10.
- Find the ‘McAfee LiveSafe’ program on and right-click on the app.
- Choose the ‘Uninstall’ and disable the ‘Safe Mode’ from the ‘MSConfig’ box.
- Once the McAfee LiveSafe is uninstalled, reboot your system to avoid any errors.
After going through four easy and effective methods on how to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe, you must have been able to uninstall any McAfee item easily. If you are still struggling with your doubts and seeking help, don’t hesitate and get in touch with our experts and resolve your concerns at the earliest.