Are you tired of looking for an effective method on How to uninstall McAfee on your operating system? Then just stop scrolling down as this is the best guide for help. The article will take you through the detailed instructions that will help you in uninstalling the McAfee Livesafe program from various systems such as Windows of all versions, Mac, and more.
How to Uninstall McAfee on Windows 10?
Below are the essential steps to follow if you are a Windows 10 user and want to uninstall the McAfee antivirus program on your system. If the users have more than one McAfee program installed on their system and want to uninstall all of them, they must remove the program one by one.
- Start your Windows 10 and go to the ‘Start’ option
- Search for ‘Settings’ and open the ‘Windows Settings’
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Apps and Features’
- Under the ‘Search, Sort, and Filter’, type ‘McAfee’ and select the program
- Right-click on the same application and click on the ‘Uninstall’
- The system may ask your confirmation to ‘Uninstall’ the McAfee, click on ‘Continue’
After a quick follow up on the method, the McAfee antivirus program will be uninstalled on your system and you will no longer have to search for how to uninstall McAfee Windows 10. Once the application is removed, close the window of ‘Windows Settings’ and restart your system to start afresh.
How to Uninstall McAfee on Mac?
Follow the below-mentioned steps if you want to know how to uninstall McAfee antivirus detector on Mac Air. Here you go.
- Open the Mac and go to the ‘Finder windows
- Click on the ‘Menu’ and select the option of ‘Utilities’
- Drop the section of the ‘Utilities’ and double-click on the ‘Terminal’ gear.
After this step, a command will pop up on your screen including your ‘Email Address’.
- Enter ‘sudo/library/McAfee/cma/uninstall.sh’ in the dialogue box. (make sure you put a space after ‘sudo’)
- Hit the button of ‘Return’ and you will receive a notification about the improper ‘Sudo Command’, here, enter the correct ‘Email Password’
- Details on the procedure of ‘Uninstalling the McAfee program’ will be prompt on your screen, leave the Mac for a while, and let the process complete.
- In case the McAfee antivirus software on your Mac is already uninstalled, you will receive the following message, ‘sudo: library/McAfee/cma/uninstall.sh: command not found.’
- In case your Macbook system could not find the administrative rights you will receive the following message, ‘Your Email Address is not in the sudoers file’. You can report this incident and then exit the Terminal application. In such situations, we suggest you log out from your account and log in to the same account after a while with all administrative rights.
- Here, hit the buttons of ‘Exit’ and ‘Return’ respectively.
- Hit on the ‘Terminal’ menu and select the option of ‘Quit Terminal’ to finish the process.
After you follow the below-mentioned steps thoroughly, the McAfee antivirus program will be uninstalled. If you ever want to install the McAfee antivirus software to protect your system and data files from being corrupted, follow the procedure of reinstallation of McAfee program on Mac.
How to Uninstall McAfee Enterprise On Windows 7?
The best way to remove the installed McAfee from your system is via the Programs and Features, follow the below-mentioned steps written in the details learn how to uninstall McAfee livesafe program on Windows 7.
- Start the Windows 7 and navigate towards the ‘Windows’ gear and click on it.
- Head to the ‘Search’ box, type ‘Uninstall A Program’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key to get the result.
- Under the ‘Control Panel’ section, there will be an option shown ‘Uninstall a program’, double-click on the same.
- Here, in the given list find the option of ‘McAfee LifeSafe’ program and click on it.
- Confirm the choice of the installing by clicking on ‘Uninstall’.
Leave your system for a while and let the process of uninstallation complete. After following the steps, the McAfee LifeSafe program will surely be uninstalled on your Windows 7.
Note: If you are looking for solutions on how to uninstall McAfee livesafe on Mac, the prior method will work.
How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus In Windows 8 Via ‘uninstall.exe.’?
Follow the essential steps mentioned below if you want to remove the McAfee antivirus software from your operating system with the help of ‘Uninstaller.exe.’
- Start your Windows 8 operating system and press ‘Windows’ and ‘X’ keys together
- Open the ‘Programs and Features’ on your system and the ‘Installation’ folder
- Search for ‘uninstall.exe’ or ‘uninst000.exe’.
(Depending on the type of your system, most of the systems have an attainable file name, you will have to find accordingly.)
- Click on the file to open and double-click on the same to uninstall.
- Follow the instructions prompting on your screen and ‘Uninstall’ the ‘McAfee Antivirus’ software on Windows 8.
How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus In Windows 8 Via System Restore?
If you want to learn how to uninstall McAfee virus detector via the System Restore, here the essential steps you must follow. System Restore is a feature that comes with Windows operating systems and lets computer users restore the system to a prior state and delete programs that interfere with device activity.
- Start your Windows operating system and click on the ‘Start’
- Go to the ‘Computer’ folder and open the ‘Properties’ section
- From the given options, click on the ‘System Protection’ a new window will open
- Navigate yourself towards ‘System Protection’ next to ‘Advanced’
- Move your cursor towards the middle-right corner and click on ‘System Restore’
- Hit the button of ‘Ok’ and a new window will reopen.
- Here, mark the option of ‘Choose a different restore point’ and hit on the ‘Next’ tab
- From the given list pick a ‘Date and Time’, and then click on ‘Next’.
(You should realize that all programs and drivers installed after the date and time selected will not work properly and will need to be reinstalled.)
- Choose the option of ‘Confirm your restore point’ and click on ‘Finish’
- At last to end the process of how to uninstall McAfee Antivirus in Windows 8, hit on ‘Yes’.
Once you follow the steps mentioned above, the McAfee Livesafe program will be removed from your operating system.
How to Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe By Using Command Displayed In Registry?
Windows must save the settings and details in the registry when a program is installed on the computer, including the Uninstall command to uninstall the software. Try this method and learn how to uninstall McAfee antivirus program from your system. Below are the necessary steps that you must follow one by one.
- Start your Windows system and press the ‘Run’ dialogue box by holding the ‘Windows and ‘R’ keys, type ‘Regedit’ in the search box and click ‘OK’
- Navigate your cursor towards the following ‘Registry Key’ and search for the ‘McAfee LiveSafe’
- Double-click on the ‘Uninstall String’ on the copy the presented ‘Value Data’ and click on ‘Ok’
- Close all the running windows and press ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys on your keyboard again.
- Paste the same ‘Uninstall String’ of McAfee LiveSafe program and past it in the dialogue box and click on ‘Ok’
- Follow the on-screen instruction and successfully ‘Uninstall’ the McAfee program.
After just a quick follow up on the prior method you will learn how to uninstall Mcafee virus detector program.
Why Choose us to Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe?
All the above-mentioned methods on how to uninstall McAfee Antivirus program from your system are very easy and effective. Though the methods do not need an expert to perform still, in any case, if you have stuck and could not follow the further steps, connect with our tech experts. They will revert back with all the possible solutions to your queries regarding how to uninstall McAfee.