Experiencing the ‘Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee’ error message while browsing websites?
Well, the ‘Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee’ error message caused by a problem in McAfee antivirus software. Fixing this error without any guidance is like waging a war against an army of Spartans. However, you can solve this error in no time if you go through this guide.
So if McAfee is blocking Google Chrome, try this guide out now!
Why McAfee is Blocking Google Chrome?
Fixing any error without knowing its reasons is always difficult. Hence, let’s discuss some common reasons why this error message actually occurs.
If your Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee, then it means your firewall or antivirus programme has mistakenly assumed that Google Chrome is an online threat for your computer and blocked it from connecting to the Internet.
Now that you know that the problem is with your antivirus security, let’s check out the 4 best-ever solutions if McAfee is blocking Google Chrome.
Google Chrome is Blocked By McAfee? Unblock It!
If McAfee is blocking you from accessing Google Chrome, you can unblock the Google Chrome in no time just by following the enlisted methods:
If Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee, fix it with ‘Control Panel’
- Start the system and click on the ‘Start’ icon.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and the ‘Settings’ folders consecutively.
- In the ‘Settings’ folder navigate towards the ‘Firewall’ and open it.
- Find the ‘McAfee Internet Security’ and right-click on it.
- From the expanded options, choose the ‘Firewall properties’ option.
- In the ‘Firewall properties’ window, navigate towards the ‘Unfold the Internet Connection options’.
- Turn Off the ‘Internet Guest’ option and the ‘Incoming and Outgoing access’ as well.
Once you have applied the steps mentioned above, the ‘Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee’ error message will be gone forever.
If McAfee is blocking Google Chrome, then use McAfee Security Centre
- Start the Windows system and navigate towards ‘Programs’.
- In the ‘Programs’ section, find and open ‘McAfee Security Centre’ application.
- On the ‘McAfee Security Centre’, navigate towards the upper-right corner and click on the ‘Navigation Feature’.
- Choose the ‘Firewall’ option and find the ‘Internet Connection Option’.
- Here, you can see all the ‘Applications’ that enable the users to access the Internet.
- Scroll down the list and click on ‘Google Chrome’.
- Did not find ‘Google Chrome’ in the list?
- Navigate towards the ‘Add’ option and click on it.
- Type ‘Google Chrome’ in the ‘Search’ option and choose it to include it on the list.
- Click on the ‘Save’ and ‘Google Chrome’ will appear on the list.
- Drop down its option and click on the ‘Edit’.
- Click on the ‘Access settings’ and change the settings from ‘None’ to ‘Full’.
- Now, save the changes you made by clicking on the ‘Save’ option.
- Close the ‘McAfee Security Centre’ and head to any website via Google Chrome.
After completing the ten easy steps, you will easily be able to visit any website via Google Chrome.
Google Chrome is Blocked by McAfee on Android
Experiencing ‘McAfee Blocking Google Chrome’ issue on your Android? Fix it by following the enlisted steps:
- Open your Android phone and go to the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ app from the menu list.
- Scroll down the list and choose the ‘Installed Apps’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Manage application’ to make changes in the installed application.
- Scroll down and select the ‘Google Chrome’ application.
- Click on the ‘Data Usage’ and further select the ‘Restrict Data Usage’ option.
- Select the ‘None’ option as the ‘Data Usage settings’.
- To complete this step, make sure you have access to Internet Connection.
- Click on the ‘Save’ to apply the changes you made.
After following the nine easy steps, you can easily fix the ‘Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee’ error easily.
Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee for a specific website
If you are seeing that McAfee is blocking Google Chrome while browsing a specific website, then follow the enlisted instructions and change the browser settings:
- Open Google Chrome and navigate towards the ‘Browser Settings’.
- Drop down its options and click on the ‘Privacy Settings’.
- Select the option of ‘Security’.
- Here, you will find an option of ‘Pop-up Settings & Redirects’, open it.
- Navigate towards the ‘List of Blocked websites’ by McAfee.
- If you see the ‘Name of the website’ that you cannot access due to ‘McAfee blocking Google Chrome’ issues, click on it.
- Now, change the settings by clicking on the ‘Remove’ and it will remove from the block list.
- Navigate towards the ‘Three Dots’ and hit on the ‘Remove’ option.
All these aforementioned steps will quickly fix the issue and you can browse any website without experiencing ‘Google Chrome is blocked by McAfee‘ issues.